Ward 5 Councilman Randy Henderson
Term of Office: Elected November 2000 for first term, re-elected April 2005 for second term.
Randy has been a resident of Fort Myers for 30 years. He was born and raised in North Carolina where he graduated from Mars Hill College in 1979 with a BS in Business Administration.
Randy's career in Fort Myers began in banking where he worked his way up to Vice-President. He left banking in 1986 and assumed operating management responsibilities for Corbin-Henderson Company, a real estate firm, as President. He is happily married to his wife of 30 years, Ginny, and has three children - Laura, Marcus and Alex.
Randy is, or has been, involved in community affairs for years serving on the following boards:
- Advisory Board Member, Edison Pageant of Light
- Advisory Board Member, Salvation Army
- Member, Fort Myers Kiwanis Club
- Member, First United Methodist Church
- Member, Lee County Horizon Council
- Member, Lee County Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Member, President's Council of International College
- Member, Uncommon Friends Foundation
- Fort Myers American Little League, Coach for 14 years
- Director of NCNB National Bank, Fort Myers
- Director of First National Bank of Fort Myers
- Chairman, Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Chairman, City of Ft. Myers Conference and Convention Council
- Past President, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board Member, City of Fort Myers Conference
- Advisory Board Member, Edison Community College Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Mars Hill College
- Nature Center of Fort Myers